Diver : 10 simple tips to Take Care Of Your Mind
Take care of your.
A good mental state is a guarantee of serenity during your dives. And serenity means safety, because we know, anxiety is a silent enemy in diving that can cause you to react inappropriately once underwater. The mindset of divers becomes even more decisive when they decide to dive. Also, it is important to take care of your mind, emotions, thoughts when practicing this activity.
How do you do it for yourself?
- Make sure you are sufficiently rested.
- Don’t hang around (too much) on social networks that depresses you (except on the Different Dive page of course).
- Get some fresh air as often as possible… and water as soon as you have the opportunity.
- Pay attention to your emotions: if you are afraid, if you are elated, if you feel depressed… acknowledging your feelings is often enough to get better.
- Looking for positive buddies before, during and after diving is also a great way to take care of your state of mind.
- Trust your loved ones. Indeed, communication also helps to dedramatize.
- Start your day by visualizing how it unfolds and the small (or large) joys that will result from it; there is surely at least one thing that will do you good. Even if it’s just a good meal or a donut 😋
- Sort, clean your stuff: it’s a foolproof technique to free your mind.
- Spend time relaxing (even minute): take ample, calm breaths.
- Get into the habit of expressing your gratitude.
Finally, there are certainly many other ways to take care of your mind.
Wellness Tips: If you’re a little stressed when you get to the diveshop for one reason or another (for your diving training, for example), do this simple exercise. Before you get out of your vehicle or walk through the doors of your favorite diveshop, breathe deep three times by breathing through your nose and exhaling through your mouth. Insist on exhalation and imagine your stress draining away. Now you’re ready and no need of astrology!
READ | The Myth Of The Diving Instructor
What are your best tips and tricks to take care of your mind?
Write a comment directly below on the blog to share them with as many people as possible.
And above all… remember to be happy 🤗